Beste Cd - Lp allertijden!

AudioBill

Oefff, lastig...uhmm, effe denken.

Er schieten me op dit moment 2 te binnen, die bij mij lange tijd bovenaan stonden/staan:

Stevie Ray Vaughan - 'Texas Flood'

Cowboy Junkies - 'The Caution Horses'

Groeten,

Alco B)

Dit is eigenlijk een onmogelijke opgave, maar als ik maar 1 album mocht kiezen moet ik wel deze nemen :

John Coltrane - A Love Supreme

f61733zr6cw.jpg

Easily one of the most important records ever made, John Coltrane's A Love Supreme [impulse] was his pinnacle studio outing that at once compiled all of his innovations from his past, spoke of his current deep spirituality, and also gave a glimpse into the next two and a half years (sadly, those would be his last). Recorded at the end of 1964, John Coltrane's classic quartet of Elvin Jones, McCoy Tyner, and Jimmy Garrison stepped into the studio and created one of the most thought-provoking, concise, and technically pleasing albums of their bountiful relationship (not to mention his best-selling to date). From the undulatory (and classic) bass line at the intro to the last breathy notes, John Coltrane is at the peak of his logical yet emotionally varied soloing while the rest of the group is remarkably in tune with John Coltrane's spiritual vibe. Composed of four parts, each has a thematic progression leading to an understanding of spirituality through meditation. From the beginning, "Acknowledgement" is the awakening of sorts that trails off to the famous chanting of the theme at the end, which yields to the second act, "Resolution," an amazingly beautiful piece about the fury of dedication to a new path of understanding. "Persuance" is a search for that understanding, and "Psalm" is the enlightenment. Although he is at times aggressive and atonal, this isn't John Coltrane at his most adventurous (pretty much everything recorded from here on out progressively becomes much more free, and live recordings from this period are extremely spirited), but it certainly is his best attempt at the realization of concept -- as the spiritual journey is made amazingly clear. A Love Supreme [impulse] clocks in at just over 30 minutes, but if it had been any longer it could have turned into a laborious listen. As it stands, just enough is conveyed. It is almost impossible to imagine a world without A Love Supreme [impulse] having been made, and it is equally impossible to imagine any jazz collection without it.

de keuze uit mijn 588 elpee's eignlijk de eerste soort bootleg elpee die officieel werd uitgebracht in 1973 ( gewoon de opname rechtstreeks op de elpee,zonder mixen bijschaven en zo )

dus eigenlijk 31 jaar later nog indrukwekkend

e94066l4mxj.jpg

Tracks

1 One of These Days Lee 6:26

2 You Give Me Loving Lee 6:02

3 Good Morning Little Schoolgirl Williamson 7:36

4 Help Me Bass, Williamson, Williamson 11:06

5 Classical Thing Lee :55

6 Scat Thing Lee :54

7 I Can't Keep from Crying, Sometimes Kooper 9:04

8 I Can't Keep from Cryin' Sometimes Lee 3:38

9 I Can't Keep from Cryin' Sometimes Lee 3:15

10 Silly Thing Lee :54

11 Slow Blues in 'C' Lee 7:52

12 I'm Going Home Lee 11:40

13 Choo Choo Mama Lee 3:11

Jesus wat een topic zeg........ :blink:

Hoe kan je nu in hemelsnaam zo'n vraag stellen......tis bijna een salomons-oordeel ;)

Maar ik wil geen party-booper zijn....dus vooruit dan maar met de geit!

Het beste album voor mij,en met mij vele andere muziek-lovers,is dit album uit '73.

Ik geniet er nog steeds van net als de dag dat ie uitkwam ;)

B000068FY0.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Dus..dit album..en nog een vracht aan andere..is mijn favoriet.

Maar ik mocht er maar 1 :confused:;)

--Hans.

Wat een leuk topic dit! Zelf heb ik Relayer van Yes genoemd als mijn favoriet, maar ik heb er inmiddels nog een paar zien voorbijkomen van andere posters, zoals Wish You Were Here en Crime of The Century. Dat zijn albums die absoluut bij mij in de top-10 aller tijden zouden terechtkomen.

Alleen was dat hier de vraag niet.......

tbm-23.gif

Dit Jazz-album van Tsuyoshi Yamamoto vind ik het beste album allertijden. Beter dan Kind Of Blue, welke ik ook erg mooi vind.

nou Henrie, ik heb 'm niet geplaatst om dat hij zo goed klinkt want anders had ik al mijn cd's hier neer kunnen zetten.. ;)

Haha... :D

Nee, ik ga er ook vanuit dat jij 'm wel mooi vind (geweldig zelfs), maar ik vind het persoonlijk niet zo'n geweldige plaat, muziekaal gezien (op enkele nummers na). Wat niet wil zeggen dat het geen mooie plaat is, want ik ga 'm ook zeker nog een keer kopen. Ik kan me alleen (veel) andere muziek voor de geest halen die ik mooier vind. Persoonlijk he... ;)

Jesus wat een topic zeg........ :blink:

Hoe kan je nu in hemelsnaam zo'n vraag stellen......tis bijna een salomons-oordeel ;)

Maar ik wil geen party-booper zijn....dus vooruit dan maar met de geit!

Het beste album voor mij,en met mij vele andere muziek-lovers,is dit album uit '73.

Ik geniet er nog steeds van net als de dag dat ie uitkwam ;)

B000068FY0.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Dus..dit album..en nog een vracht aan andere..is mijn favoriet.

Maar ik mocht er maar 1 :confused:;)

--Hans.

Vooral het titelnummer is genieten...dat pianootje:

pa-pa-pa-pa, pa-pa-pap-pa

Kippenvel!